SproutWorld has pledged to be a net-zero business by 2040 – and we are committed to being accountable to our climate goals through transparent, measurable, third-party verification that’s in line with the latest science. So when you work with SproutWorld as a supplier, you can be assured that we report on sustainability to the highest standards.
We have signed up to the Science Based Target Initiative (SBTi), a global certification system for greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions so our stakeholders can hold us to account on our path to net-zero. SproutWorld has had its near-term and long-term science-based emissions reduction targets approved by SBTi.
GHG Report and LCAs
Through the independently conducted Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Report of our business and the Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs) of our pencils and makeup liners, SproutWorld has estimated the carbon emissions associated with the company’s activities. This gives us – as well as our customers and suppliers – a transparent, science-based overview of the company’s climate impact and provides the basis for reducing our emissions.
We use these reports:
• To create an informed basis for ongoing GHG reduction efforts in SproutWorld’s own operations and value chain
• To track Sprout’s GHG reductions or increases over time
• To involve stakeholders and partners in reducing GHG emissions
• To improve data quality and calculation methods used in the GHG inventory
Reducing our emissions
With these insights, SproutWorld has made an action plan for reducing our GHG emissions. For us to be successful, we will work closely with both our customers and suppliers in this process. We aim to:
• Increase renewable energy in production from 50% to 70% by 2030
• Change to more energy efficient equipment in the production
• Procure paper and packaging locally
• Procure renewable energy for our office
• Engage and commit all corners of our organization in our GHG reduction journey
• Set targets to influence suppliers’ climate action and use climate action as a metric when selecting new suppliers
• Increase the amount of supplier specific data in scope 3 to make it more accurate and operational.